This is an independent study conducted by Evelyn Yu, a graduate student from Entertainment Technology Center at Carnegie Mellon University.
The study will deliver research involving
- What do the gaming trends we are seeing mean for the future of Riot Games and the game League of Legends?
- How the business strategy and business model the Riot Games applying have changed since the release of League of Legends in 2009?
- How does the MOBA mobile game market look in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau? What does the launch plan of the mobile version of League of Legends – Wild Rift look like in these countries?
The personal purpose of this study is to
- Learn to propose a professional mobile game launch plan.
- Learn to understand market and target audience by researching emerging game markets in SEA such as Taiwan, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, India and Indonesia.
- Learn business models (battle pass, subscriptions), and gaming innovations (like hyper casual, auto chess).
- Learn market data research, establishment of assumptions to present a persuasive launch plan.
- Lead to getting a Business Development/Project Management job at Riot Games or other major game companies.
The personal learning goals is to
- Learn to leverage data, to draw conclusions and to build launch strategy
- Get hands-on analytical experience by collecting data from current game industry
- Learn to organize, interpret and draw conclusions from a big amount of information and structured data
- Develop a good product sense by playing different games (casual, midcore, hardcore, and on multiple different platforms)